Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Winter Math


Two fresh feet of snow (yes, feet -- yes, two of them, in about twenty-four hours) somehow equals one eight foot snowbank? Here it does, now it does, when none of the earlier layers of snowfall have had the chance to melt off. If you never hear from me again, it's because this glacier has finally moved and wiped out the house. Or melted and drowned us all.

At least it's pretty. And I can't see what an outstandingly poor job I've done cleaning up after the dog this winter. And, um, good for the sugaring season? Maybe?

4 comments:

mommatosena said...

We didn't get the snow this round just copious amounts of rain that led to flooding. It also reduced our snow piles by a bit but has also revealed all the dog messes layered in the snow! I would have rather had the snow I think as it's much prettier! Keep thinking spring!!!

rundeep said...

Thank you for reminding me why I do not live in Vermont, a state I adore in the summer.

AG Ambroult said...

I he' heard y'all got snow up there, while we got rain. I don't know if my spirits could have taken another two feet.
It IS pretty. Yes.

Cindy said...

You're right - it is beautiful!

And, anything that is good for the sugaring season I'm all for! One day it will be gorgeous there - and we'll be sweltering.

But we'll have some awesome Maple syrup!