Thursday, April 7, 2011

Five, Yo Ho Ho!


The pirate Novina, captain of the black ship The Great Over. Arr, mateys!

So, hey. I have a five year old. My kid, Sarah? Yeah, she's five. Five years old. Five.

I figure if I just keep repeating those and similar thoughts, eventually it will sink in, or make sense, or somehow be a part of my reality.

I mean, five. That's a real kid. Not a toddler, not a preschooler. A kid. 

She's gotten so interesting and creative and amazing. She writes books (the last one was titled "No, Said The Parrot" -- wouldn't you totally buy a book with a name like that?). She conducts what she calls food science experiments. She's starting to read. She loves anything even vaguely science-y. She wants to be a paleontologist-cowgirl-astronaut-lion tamer when she grows up.

Which is what she keeps doing. Because now she's five.

5 comments:

mommatosena said...

CRAZY isn't it how that happens! Not only is she smart she is soooo cute!! This is such a great year enjoy this stage! It seems to go faster and faster much to my dismay.

Cindy said...

How cute is she!!! Love it, love the birthday.

April babies -- I have one!

She turned 25 on April 7. Oh my. Do you know that if I close my eyes I can still smell her newborn head?

Yes, I would buy that book!

Unknown said...

Love it! And that looks like a particularly seafaring hippo she has with her there. Plus the pirate-y look on her face. Awesome.

tia said...

He is a very seaworthy hippo. You can't see it in the picture, but he is in fact sporting a pirate earring.

AG Ambroult said...

a KID! you have a KID! happy FIVE to her!
The Great Over? please, go buy a boat and name it that.