Thursday, August 6, 2009

Inauguration Day


We couldn't be luckier to have so many people asking after our girl Jane, but it is darned difficult to keep track of who knows what. So, I have succumbed to the inevitable and started (*gasp*) a blog.


For those not following along at home, A (Possibly Somewhat Inaccurate) Summary of Events That Got Us Here:

I, Tia, mother of our girl Jane and our older girl Sarah, got pregnant without to do this winter. The due date was estimated to be Halloween. Then, after a little red-faced consulting of the calendar at the amnio, where I saw clear as day we were having a girl, the due date was bumped to October 21. (Close enough, especially since Sarah went to 41 weeks and a day.) But a week after the amnio, I started spotting. An ultrasound showed... nothing. Yay! Spotted again about a week later. We were told I had an incompetent cervix and we were dealing with a "threatened miscarriage". SHIT. Another ultrasound showed... nothing. Yay! But a few days later I started bleeding and went on bedrest during the last week of May, week 20 of the pregnancy. And there I stayed for a month.

Then came the fateful follow-up ultrasound at week 24. My amniotic fluid had gone down by 60% -- sometime in the previous week or so, my membranes had ruptured. I was admitted to the hospital and stuck there for the duration. Bum bum buuuuummm.

The duration lasted exactly three weeks. On July 22, at 1:40 pm EST, our girl Jane made her early appearance.

There have been lots of ups and downs in the fifteen days since Jane was born. My poor befuddled brain finally cried "Mercy!", and so I've started this blog to keep track of 'em all. I'm just thinking of all of you out there, really. You can thank me later.

Welcome to Our Girl Jane.

No comments: