Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sighting

Want to see something cool? I mean, something so totally cool I am almost cool myself by association?

I give you my friend Shawn, rockin' ROLLER DERBY GIRL. (See? Told ya it was cool.) Check out her helmet:


Here's what she had to say about it:

"i skated with a blank helmet until the day that i scribbled 'jane was here' on it. it may sound silly, but she was on my mind so much and i like to think that her fighting spirit is with me when i play. people always ask me who jane is and i tell them that was the toughest little baby i ever almost knew. i hope it isn't an inappropriate tribute..."

My response? "Are you kidding? That may be the awesomest tribute ever. I mean it. I love it. A little part of my girl's out there kicking ass, and that's the best tribute a person can have."

Shawn went on to say, "i wish i could find a good shot of my knocking someone down but jane was here about to build a wall and knock this jammer out". I'm not sure what that last part means, but I'm pretty sure it's awesome.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Love it!

Cindy said...

That really is the awesomest!

(I had to re-spell that three times)

Cool!

Expressions by Lisa Gupton said...

that is rockin!! congrats!

Tasha said...

totally awesome!

AG Ambroult said...

hard core, just like Jane.

Dana said...

So cool...I used to be Shawn's neighbor and watch her babies..we are good friends and she introduced me to Jane..:D..I loved that when I saw it on her helmet..:D

So very awesome!

Jane was here!