Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Totally More Betterer

The freelancing night nurse didn't get her way last night about the airway tube. But it was switched out this morning. Ta da! Jane's oxygen made its way down to 53% today.

Well, like I said yesterday, bigger tube, more air. I may have been a liberal arts major, but even I understand this.

Her feeding schedule is completely changing, too. Now she's going to get 26 ccs (nearly an ounce) every three hours, instead of 17 every two. Awesome Nurse Karen *may* have explained why, but it was a fleeting thought that passed in and out of the transom of my mind. (I know at least one of you can name that reference.) It's good news, is all I know or care about.

And, um, well that's it, really. Both Karen and Awesome Night Nurse Renee were happy with how well Jane's doing, so that's where we are. Everyone's feeling good tonight. You people have a job: crossing fingers to ensure this is not just a temporary fluke. Got it? I don't ask much of you all, so if you wouldn't mind indulging me, I'd be most appreciative.

I'm totally excited to drive to the hospital tomorrow. One of my amazing friends in Toronto (yay, M!) sent me the audiobook of the Monty Python autobiography AND Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (yes, Mom, that's an actual book -- and I just discovered that Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters is being released in a couple of weeks, and no I am not making this up), so it's obviously going to be an excellent day. I had to pack the book to prevent myself from diving into it as soon as I opened the package. That's right, people, Jane Austen + zombies = happy Tia. Come on, you know it's going to be awesome.

9 comments:

The Gorgon Sisters said...

fingers and toes crossed here :)
love,
L

R said...

Yay for bettec. Any typos are grom the crossed fingers!

Anonymous said...

All available digits crossed! So happy for the more betterer day.

Renee said...

Fingers crossed and thumbs held (typing with toes)!

Unknown said...

More betterer is fabulous news. I've crossed everything I can cross.

Anonymous said...

Um, so let's talk about the fact that you get to listen to Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility...what about Room with a View? That is by far my most favorite novella on the planet. Maybe I should too - only I'll sit in my car int he driveway and just relax....maybe not. Anyway Tia - I am confident that July 22 birthday girls kick butt and are pretty tough cookies, but my toes are crossed too!

Cindy said...

Fingers crossed and I hope you have lots of laughs with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! My daughter and I spent a hilarious afternoon reading aloud to each other.

MiHae Hooper said...

Fingers crossed, and Bea and Andy who have freakishly long toes will also be required to cross their toes as well. Bea's may need to be taped to hold though, and that may look like I'm binding her feet... and given my ethnicity... hmmm maybe I'll hold off on the tape!!

As for Jane Austin and Zombies... I am so totally completely curious. Can't wait to hear how it was.'

Meredith said...

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters? Deeply intriguing. Would make more sense in Persuasion, no? At least they *see* the sea in Persuasion, unlike S&S.

All digits appropriately crossed at all times.