Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Top of the Christmas List

Today I met with the developmental pediatrician who'll be following Jane from now on.  These days there isn't a lot for her to do, but she'll check in weekly and once Jane comes off the oscillator she'll start being able to make assessments.  She had some good suggestions for things I can do with Jane, including ersatz-kangaroo time:


See?  On days when I can't get her out of the isolette, Dr. L suggested that if the top of the isolette were lifted, I could at least get my arms in there.  It's way better than nothing.

She also made it pretty clear that we're looking at Christmas for an approximate coming home date.  Two months down, three to go...


Awesome Nurse Angela is on tomorrow which means... REAL kangaroo cuddling!  (Potentially.)  I can't decide which book to bring in to read to her: Mary Poppins or A Little Princess.  Can't go wrong either way.

3 comments:

mommatosena said...

I vote A Little Princess...but your right can't go wrong either way...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Xmas present to look forward to!

Cindy said...

She's incredibly beautiful ... hope you have a great snuggle-day.