Friday, November 27, 2009

Another Special Guest Star (Or Two)

I was able to run into the ICN this afternoon on our way home from Thanksgiving, and walked in on Jane getting some love from Awesome Nurse Kristy.


They adore each other! They're adorable! Seeing that makes me feel pretty good about the world. Kristy ranks high among the reasons that I don't worry about Jane when I can't be there. 

I'm not going to lie. Having had a total of maybe twenty minutes with Jane in the last week (while Tom and Sarah had to wait in the idling car) has been hard. Sarah's pink eye is almost better, but she's sick again (or still, hard to say) with a hacking cough and mild fever, so I'm not certain of being able to spend much time down at the hospital this weekend. Plus, um, SNOWSTORM tonight. Oh, honestly.

But thanks to my ridiculously thoughtful sister I was at least able to make up for showing up shamefully empty-handed yesterday (except for Jane's laundry -- I'm not entirely without domestic skillz). Treats for the day AND night shifts, courtesy of the South Shore's finest first grade teacher, and one of the best moms I know. That's right, everyone, I'm saying it publicly: I look up to my little sister and hope that someday I can be even half the person she is. She's the center to our wacky family, and we are damned lucky to have her.


(Oh, she's going to hate that. But it could have been SO much worse, Jenny. SO much worse.)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow, I never thought about you having to do Jane's laundry. I'm not sure what I thought - magic? Sheesh!

Prayers and hugs (and vibes for a lot of warm snuggles with your Sarah) heading your way today and the rest of the weekend!

Peace...

Cindy